Couples from abroad who are planning on getting married in Cyprus must first obtain a special marriage license issued by the local municipality. The Four Seasons Wedding Coordinator will organize an appointment to obtain this license following your arrival in Cyprus, and at least a few days before your planned wedding ceremony.
The current cost of the marriage license is €282.00. This price is set by the Cyprus Government, and is subject to change without prior notice.
We recommend that you arrive at least 3 working days before the ceremony, in order to complete all the necessary paperwork.
The minimum age for marriage in Cyprus is 18.
Standard documents for civil or non-denominaional weddings
- Birth Certificates
- Decree Absolute (if divorced)
- Adoption Certificate, Name Change Deed Poll, Death Certificate (for widow/er)
- A statement certifying that you are free to marry. Exact requirements for this statement vary depending on your nationality. Full details can be obtained from your wedding coordinator.
Additional documents for Anglican ceremony
- Baptism or christening certificate into the Christian faith, from either the bride or the groom, must be provided.
Additional documents for Catholic ceremony
Permission from your own local priest to get married overseas must be provided. Your local priest will be expected to forward this permission directly to the priest here in Cyprus. (The Four Seasons Wedding Coordinator can provide the contact details.) As this process of obtaining permission takes time, we recommend visiting your local priest at least 3 months before your planned wedding date. Remember that Catholic weddings in Cyprus must be preceded by a civil ceremony, which can take place either in the hotel or at the Town Hall.
- As the paperwork is processed upon arrival in Cyprus, you will need to bring with you the appropriate original documents.
- If your original documents are not already written in English, a certified/notarized translation into either English or Greek is required.
Arrangements can be made by your Tour Operator’s Representative. In case you book your package direct with our hotel, our Wedding Coordinator will be glad to assist you, at a reasonable charge.
For all legal arrangements please contact our Wedding Coordinator:
Mrs. Artemis Aristidou, Director
A. A. FRESH EVENTS LTD Andrea Kalvou and Argyri Eftalioti 7, 3085 Limassol, Cyprus
Tel:(+357) 25 350 320 – 25 350 310, Email: email@example.com